Saturday, July 31, 2010

Making your own Cross Cable

Hey guys,
In my last article i explained you the importance of CROSS LAN CABLE.A good learner like to learn each and everything in it's way as i do.Here i will explain you how to make up your own cross cable. 

You may make up your own Cross-Ethernet cable either by modifying the older one or buy uncramped ethernet wire which is easily available in market for approximately Rs.10 per mtr.

REQUIREMENTS : cat-5 ethernet cable ( or you can say network cable ),Connectors (namely-RJ-45,these connect the wire to lan ports in computer,RJ means registered jack ),Crimping tool(which helps connecting wire to the RJ-45,available for around 130-250 inr)
Now let us begin ==>

< 1 >Unroll the required length of network cable and add a little extra wire.

< 2 >Carefully remove the outer jacket of the cable.The cable contains 8 sub wires of different colors.

Orange White
Orange
Blue White
Green
Green White
Blue
Brown White
Brown



< 3 >Arrange these wires by the follwing configration :

< 4 > General Color Pattern is as follows :

< 5 > After arranging them you just have to clamp them once with the help of clamper.Note a Connector(RJ-45) cannot be reused if once clamped.

1 comments:

hemmymission said...

Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
Welding Cable

Post a Comment